Industrial Designer is responsible for the design and development of Edison’s products. Industrial Designer plays an integral role in supporting key phases of a design product’s lifecycle in collaboration and partnership with technical team. We’re looking for a detailed-oriented and passionate person who will thrive in an environment of innovation that requires strong problem- solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This is a full-time position based at our office in Newmarket, ON.
The following are the essential functions of this position:
- Conceptualize and design new lighting products to expand upon Edison’s portfolio
- Design custom lighting products based on client’s needs and drawings, as well as prepare concept proposals and customer approval documentation
- Produce accurate fabrication drawings to be sent out to vendors locally as well as overseas
- Produce assembly and production documentation for our team in-house
- Communicate closely with vendors and understand their fabrication limitations and feasibility
- Create photorealistic renderings of new and existing products for clients, as well as for marketing purposes
- Supply renders or other occasional marketing collateral for social media and tradeshows, as well as creating documentation or assets for new and existing products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience with designing products, including design for manufacturing. Lighting industry experience preferred
- Having an eye for design and aesthetics when it comes to new products and photorealistic rendering
- Attention to detail – especially when interpreting project requirements, as well as technical and architectural drawings
- Ability to communicate professionally within a business context, in addition to having a strong aptitude for articulating design ideas and grasping project requirements
- Experience with rapid prototyping and other mechanical tasks
- Understanding of electrical components and technology. Knowledge of lighting is a very strong asset
- Resourcefulness, curiosity and creativity are strong assets
- Ability to adjust to changing project requirements in a fast-paced work environment
- SolidWorks 3D
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Microsoft Suite
How to apply
If you have the qualifications for the above position and meet the criteria, please submit your resume and samples of your work to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants but will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.